The Village Association is a non-profit organisation and is responsible for many village publications, services and events:
• Village Website
• Village Projects in conjunction with the Parish Council.
• Village Fete. Chairman of the Fete Committee, can be contacted on email@example.com.
• Managing the Minibus, Compo, in accordance with the joint venture agreement with the Watts Gallery.
• Welcome Pack for newcomers to the village. This has recently been distributed to a large number of households and some are still outstanding. If you have
moved into the village within the last 2-3 years and haven’t received a copy, please contact the Editor (details above).
• Guide to Local Services and Organisations. This will be updated and distributed next month but it is always available electronically. Contact the Editor if you
would like one.
• Compton NEWS. The NEWS (affectionately known as the Yellow Peril) was produced throughout lockdown but distributed by email only, while the
distributors were confined to their homes. It is now back on track and dropping through your letterboxes, while several hundred go out by email to those
who have opted for that or who live far away (New Zealand and Portugal, to name just two!). If you receive a hard copy but would be happy to get it by email,
please let the Editor know. It will always be printed as many of you prefer to have it in your hands. Whether you receive the NEWS through your door, in the
post or by email, your contribution is truly valued and very welcome
The Compton Village Association (the CVA) has been in existence for over 35 years. The objectives included in its Constitution are to promote and encourage social functions for the benefit of residents living in Compton and to organise fundraising events to assist in the provision and continuance of local amenities.
The CVA is without political or religious affiliations.