Affiliate Programme Terms and Conditions
Individuals and Organisations (Good Causes) (“You“) who register with Support My Local (“Us/We“) are known as “Affiliates” and when you introduce an advertiser to us this is called a “Referral” and any share of revenue that we will donate to you is called the “Commission“.
We review and moderate all affiliate registrations, and we appreciate your accurate and honest information. Please note that the review process may take a few days – we know you are eager to join our team of affiliates, and we appreciate your patience!
The Most Important Bit
These entire terms and conditions are important but we know that sometimes people don’t get to the end. To help you we have put this very important point at the top and in bold.
We are not contractually obliged to make any donation or pay any commission.
In particular, and without limitation, we will not make any donations to an Affiliate if we have concerns that such a donation would violate UK financial regulations.
The referral commission shown in the affiliate dashboard is only indicative that we may make a donation to you in future. Therefore your Support My Local account is not an asset and Support My Local is not a debtor and you have no claim against funds held by us.
At first sight this looks odd but this term benefits the you. Corporate affiliates a fiduciary responsibility to look after their money and it is possible that their finance directors would not want us as a debtor. This term ensures that you can “have-a-go”and they can sleep well at night. It also helps us because it simplifies our compliance with financial regulations which means that we can sleep well at night.
Your Rights – Corporate Affiliates
You can quit the system at any time and where your brand and logo will be removed from all adverts.
You can veto any business that supports you – Simply email email@example.com with your instructions and we will remove the association with your organisation and arrange a refund.
You cannot veto businesses that support other organisations.
Risk to Payouts
Payouts to affiliates may be adversely affected by tax and regulatory changes that affect our income or our ability to make payments. These could result in you receiving less than you expected. If these cannot be managed by our affiliate system and membership systems (currently AffliateWP and MemberPress) then we may make manual changes to payouts and you may receive less than you expect.
Other risks include without limitation: poor trading conditions, ceasing to trade under the Support My Local brand, cyber-attack, major systems failure or if your account or your referrals are flagged for fraud or irregularities by ourselves, our payment processors, or taxation authorities or regulators
In all cases our decision on the amount of any payout (which may be zero) is final and is not subject to legal challenge or arbitration.
Commissions and Payouts (Donations)
Final affiliate commissions are calculated after the deduction of tax and transaction charges.
We pay out affiliate commissions in GBP using PayPal in the first week of every month. We only pay commissions that are older than 30 days. To keep transactions costs down the minimum payout balance is
- £100 for corporate (Good Causes) accounts
- £20 for individual accounts
If we offer you a Signing Bonus then it will be paid in full from Support My Local’s 49% of revenue from the businesses that support you. For example, suppose your signing bonus is £98. You will receive this when you have referred £200 of sales. Signing Bonuses expire after 1 year or if there is no income to the account for 3 months.
Bank and transaction fees for payouts will be borne by the recipient and may be deducted before the money is transmitted.
Here are the details of our program in summary:
- You will receive £20 for each advertiser you refer who subsequently generates more than £40 income for Us.
- Minimum payout balance of £20, and no maximum payout (we pay in GBP)
Corporate Affiliates (Good Causes):
- To register as an corporate affiliate you must have an active listing that you own.
- You will receive 51% recurrent commission for every new sale you refer for the duration that they support your organisation.
- You will receive 51% recurrent commission on upgrades of Support My Local plans by customers you have introduced for the duration that they support your organisation.
- Minimum payout balance of £100, and no maximum payout (we pay in GBP)
- Commissions older than 30 days will be paid within the first week of each month
- Referrals are paid out to your PayPal account.
- Referrals cannot be generated on your own purchases (this includes using a different email address).
Technical Details Referral Cookie Lifetime
When a potential customer clicks on your referral link, a cookie is stored in their browser to track your referral. The cookie is then stored for 30 days to give your referred customers time to decide if they wish to purchase a Support My Local plan, or ask us any pre-sale questions they may have.
A referral won’t be awarded automatically if:
- The customer uses a different browser to purchase than the one they originally used to visit our site (because the cookie does not exist in that browser)
- The customer purchases after 30 days (because the cookie will expire).
If a customer changes the organisation they support we will add or remove the referral manually.
Direct Link Tracking
Referrals older than 30 days and in good standing (i.e. the purchase has not been refunded) will be included with each commission payout (if the commission balance totals over the minimum). If a purchase is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was refunded
- The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the Affiliate Agreement.
Tax and Regulatory Compliance
Affiliates are responsible for their own tax compliance. We will comply with the law of the United Kingdom.
Affiliate news and updates
By becoming an affiliate you agree to receive emails from Us. These emails will be sent to affiliates only, on an ad-hoc basis, and may include important information regarding the Our affiliate program. These emails will also provide you with relevant news and updates to help you effectively promote Us. As an affiliate you may be privy to embargoed or time-sensitive information in these emails (this information may only be promoted after an embargo is lifted). And we won’t spam you, ever – promise!
Affiliate application rejection
We reserve the right to reject affiliate applications for any reason. We also reserve the right to choose whether we provide an explanation or reasoning for affiliate application rejection. Below are just a few reasons why an application may be rejected (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Affiliate applications for websites that sell, advertise or engage in pornography, phishing scams, spamming, illegal business practices, or that include any material infringing on National or International Copyright will be rejected.
- Affiliate applications for websites that we do not believe are aligned with our industry or business may be rejected.
- If you apply to become an affiliate and you have not purchased an plan, your application may be rejected.
- If you apply to become an affiliate and it has been less than 30 days since you purchased plan, your application may be rejected.
- Websites considered inappropriate by us will be rejected.
The following types of sites are not permitted to become an affiliate: adult sites, sites that display adult material or banners, sites that promote or engage in illegal activity, sites that are a poor match for a our target market. Affiliate applications for inappropriate websites will be rejected, and we reserve the right to choose whether or not to provide a rejection reason.
Questions regarding your application
When you apply to become an affiliate we may email you at the email address you have supplied with some questions regarding your application. This may be because:
- We didn’t understand something in your application, or,
- We’d like to learn a bit more about how you will promote us and need a little more detail.
If we reach out to you and we haven’t heard back within 7 days, your application may be rejected. If your initial application is rejected, you are welcome to reapply to become an affiliate and provide us with more detail for reconsideration.
Dormant affiliate accounts
Please don’t leave us! We encourage all of our affiliates to actively promote us to keep earning referrals. If we can help you come up with ideas on how to promote us, please let us know – we’re here for you! An affiliate account is considered dormant if no visits have been generated after a 6-month period. A dormant affiliate account will be temporarily deactivated if no visits have been generated after 6 months. But we don’t even want to go there right now, right?! Let’s work together to help you start earning some cash!
Support My Local Affiliate Program Policies
Allowed and super cool promotional methods
How you promote Support My Local is reflected in the commission you earn! We encourage the use of promotional methods that add value to us and bring us legitimate, loyal customers. We love it when our team of affiliates blog about crypto and mention Support My Local .
Here are a few examples of awesome promotional methods to earn more commission:
- Tell clients, customers or friends about Support My Local, and give them your affiliate referral link
- Write a review or a blog post about Support My Local and link to our site with your referral link
- Reach out to a broad audience with your social network accounts. Tweet about us on Twitter with your affiliate referral link, post about us on Facebook with your affiliate link, or communicate to your Linkedin followers about crypto and blockchain with your affiliate link. Spam-free promotion is a great way to get more referrals!
- Provide value to others by answering related questions on other sites with helpful responses, and using your referral link in your replies.
Prohibited and super uncool promotional methods
We love and back our product 100%, and we are very careful with how it’s promoted, so we want affiliates who are 100% behind us too! The prohibited promotional methods listed below aren’t meant to scare you off – they’re here to protect you, and us, and our customers from any freaky or fraudulent activity, which is something we take pretty seriously. We know you’ll understand. But here they are in writing just in case you’re not totally sure what is and what isn’t allowed.
- Support My Local may not be promoted on coupon sites
Customers who are searching for a coupon are already in the market for Support My Local , so this method adds no value to Support My Local.
- Paid advertising using your affiliate link is prohibited
Buying ads through services like Google AdWords, social ads, or retargeting ads and using our brand keywords and your affiliate link will result in affiliate account deactivation.
- Any type of spam is prohibited
Links, ads, emails, comments… any type of spam. Please respect the posting rules of any 3rd-party websites you use to promote Support My Local. P.S. This is not an exhaustive list of spam methods; if we decide that your activity is spam, it’s spam.
- Any illegal activity or activity deemed offensive by us is prohibited
This may result in referrals being rejected and/or your affiliate account being deactivated. See above for allowed and super cool promotional methods!
- We’re flattered, but please don’t pretend to be professionally associated with Support My Local
Affiliates aren’t employees of Support My Local or Doctor-IT Limited and have no employee rights.
- Pretending to actually be Support My Local is prohibited
Cloning our site, copying our site, using our copyrighted site assets, and pretending that a site created by you is an official Support My Local site is unethical and prohibited (this includes using services that automatically clone websites, or place them into iframes).
- Again, false promotion to customers that you are endorsed or operated by Support My Local is prohibited (and super uncool).
If you’re unsure or concerned that some activity you’re about to proceed with may be considered prohibited, please ask us.
Consequences of not-cool promotional methods
If your promotional methods step outside of these terms, your referrals may be rejected and we may disable your affiliate account. We reserve the right to do this and may or may not notify you in the instance that this occurs. Please use allowed promotional methods, and help us to help you succeed as an affiliate!
The following types of sites are not permitted to become an affiliate: adult sites, sites that display adult material or banners, sites that promote violence, hatred or bigotry, sites that promote or engage in illegal activity, including (but not limited to), hacking, cracking, nulled, and warez sites. Affiliate applications for inappropriate websites will be rejected, and we reserve the right to choose whether or not to provide a rejection reason.
The important stuff
By accepting these terms and conditions you are providing your nonlegal agreement to abide by them. By registering and being approved as an affiliate in our affiliate program you agree that your commissions are subject to approval before they are accepted and subsequently paid.
The affiliate relationship does not represent a professional or formal agreement, and as an affiliate you are not an employee of Support My Local (a trading name of Doctor-IT Limited). You agree that this is not a legally binding relationship and as a result may not take legal action against Doctor-IT Limited. These affiliate terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Phew! Sound good? Great! Thanks for taking the time to read through these T’s and C’s and for agreeing to them. We can’t wait to have you on board!
These conditions are modelled on those of AffiliateWP who provide the software we use to manage our affiliate program.